Volunteers Needed: Safety and Security Working Group Meets April 28
Are you looking to get more involved in the St. Martin’s community, and to help ensure our campus remains a safe place? As discussed during the Annual Parish Meeting, the Vestry is welcoming volunteers to be part of a working group to examine how we ensure our church campus is safe and secure. If this is an interest of yours, please attend a meeting in the Upper Laird Sunday, April 28, immediately following the 10:15 a.m. service. This initial 60-minute meeting will cover:
- Current proposals that have been considered
- Feedback and guidance we have received from the Ellisville Police Department
- Funding earmarked by the Vestry in the 2019 budget for this effort
- Future meetings to be scheduled
- A walkthrough of the facility to identify opportunities for more secure access
Our church campus, in addition to being a home for our parishioners, also serves as a hub for diocese and community events; the safety of all our members, visitors and staff is a top priority. If you have questions about or suggestions for this effort, please contact Tom Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or anyone on the Vestry.