Gardens, Trees, Plastic, Carbon — Creation Care Ministry
Last month we learned about the 19 resolutions from General Convention to challenge Episcopalians to a more loving, liberating, life-giving relationship with God’s Creation.
This month we’re gathering folks from around the diocese to talk about their ministries that support this relationship. It’s an open conversation around
- gardens in churchyards and what if you don’t have parish acreage,
- about the produce distributed to pantries and meals,
- about the challenge to go plastic free and locally sourced in our church events,
- about the stewardship of planting trees and conducting building energy audits,
- and even about green burials.
Already doing this? Thinking about starting in an area? Or have something off the green radar but important to bring to the table? Come share your insight!
- 7-8 pm, Tuesday, May 28 (the day after Memorial Day)
- Online using (free) Zoom webchat–RSVP here
- More about the May episode of the Larger Conversation
*** Taken from the weekly Diocesan email, iSeek, sent out on Thursday, May 16, 2019 ***