- March 4th: A new arrangement of the spiritual, “I want Jesus to walk with me” by David Cherwien
- March 11th: A new arrangement of “God so loved the world” by Benjamin Harlan
- March 18th: A new arrangement of “Ask and it shall be given” by Jonathan Adams
- March 25th, Palm/Passion Sunday: The Handbell Choir will play a new arrangement of the two gospel hymns, “Softly and tenderly” and “In the garden” by John Behnke. They will also highlight the choir’s singing of “How can it be?”, an arrangement of Faure’s “Pavane”.
- March 29th, Maundy Thursday: A new arrangement of “Love consecrates the humblest act” by Lee Swee Hong which features a flute solo played by Joy Floyd
- March 30th, Good Friday: A moving rendition of the William Billings’ classic, “When Jesus wept”
- March 31st, Easter Vigil: Music is in the planning stage
- April 1st, Easter: A new arrangement of “I know that my redeemer lives” by Craig Courtney, along with Handbells and instruments playing “Joyful, Joyful, we adore thee”
https://stmartinschurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Music-rs.jpg 250 250 Communications https://stmartinschurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo-mainheader-SMC-Wht-340x156.png Communications2018-02-22 12:00:002018-02-22 10:58:32Music for the Lenten Season
St. Martin’s choirs are preparing music to enhance our 2018 Lenten season.
We welcome each of you to join us in singing or playing an instrument for any of these services.
Handbell rehearsals are 6:00 pm every Wednesday and Choir rehearsals are at 7:00 pm every Wednesday.
Instrumental rehearsals are 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 28th and Friday, March 30th.
Please contact Denise Marsh, music director, if you are interested.
St. Martin's Episcopal Church
15764 Clayton Road
Ellisville, MO 63011
(636) 227-1484, office