Saturday, February 9, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
A three-hour seminar on end-of-life planning for faithful adults (young, old, older) will be held at St. Timothy’s Church on Saturday morning, February 9, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon. Coffee, tea and light pastries will be provided. The program will include a presentation on
- “Important Legal Documents for Everyone” by Martha C. Brown, CELA, certified elder law attorney practicing in the St. Louis area for over 25 years.
- Katherine Ziegler, BSN, MPH, a parish nurse associated with Emmanuel Episcopal Church in Webster Groves will lead a discussion of common questions and misperceptions in end of life planning.
- The Rev. Paul A. Metzler, D. Min., former Clergy Associate of St. Timothy’s will present on “The Gift of a Spiritual/Ethical Will.”
- Sample copies of a “Pre-Planning Funeral Form” regarding personal wishes for hymns, scriptures and service participants will be available to take home for future planning.
- Representatives from Mariner Wealth Advisors will discuss tax-efficient ways to include giving to various charities as part of an estate plan.
Sponsored by St. Timothy’s and the Trustees of its Endowment Committee, the seminar is open to anyone in the greater St. Louis area age 18 and above. Age 18 is when parents no longer have legal authority in a medical crisis. Members from Episcopal parishes or other faith congregations are warmly encouraged to attend. The seminar is free but advance registration is required with Tess Barcey, the Parish Administrator, by calling (314.434.5906) or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org). Participants will be sent a pre-seminar questionnaire to complete in advance to use privately during question and answer sections in the seminar.