Your Diocese Wants You!
- Do you have the gift of hospitality?
- Do you like meeting new friends?
- Do you like to throw receptions?
- Do you have a caring, compassionate heart?
- Are you super-organized?
- Are you task-oriented?
- Are you a team player?
If so, the Diocese of Missouri wants you to be part of the Bishop Transition Committee! The TC works with its Chair and the Standing Committee to provide leadership in the following areas:
- Walkabout – to organize the public walkabout in the diocese to introduce the candidates before election
- Electing Convention – organization of the electing convention including voting, seating of delegates, notification of candidates, documents.
- Non-Elected Candidates – the care and feed of those not elected bishop
- Transition of the Bishop-elect – to arrange for visits to the diocese; information on schools, purchasing a home, moving kith and kin to the diocese; transitional housing; entry into the diocese/state if necessary; etc.
- Ordination Weekend – overall organization of the weekend events surround the ordination of the new bishop.
- Ordination – working with the bishop-elect, and following the Presiding Bishop’s customary, to organize the liturgy for the ordination of the new bishop.
- Communication – working with the communication committee of Search/Nominating to present the candidates to the diocese, updates on bishop-elect, ordination and transition.
Confidentiality is a must for the TC.
If you are interested in being considered to be on the Transition Committee, please send your contact information, what parish/mission/ministry you attend, how long you have been an Episcopalian, and a brief statement of your experience with hospitality and event planning to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Potential candidates should have the dates February 15-16th reserved on their calendars for a gathering retreat.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, January 31st at 5P.
God’s peace and blessings,
The Rev. Dawn-Victoria Mitchell, Rector, Trinity~St. Paul’s Episcopal Church/Hannibal, MO
President, Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri
*** Taken from Diocesan weekly email, iSeek, sent out on Thursday, January 24, 2019 ***