Visit the new, responsive and mobile-friendly website with a new URL: http://www.episcopalnewsservice.org.
The communications team has been working hard to create a site that belongs to all of us in the church, a place to “tell our story, to inform Episcopalians and others about how the Episcopal Church lives into the Jesus Movement and lives out the gospel in the world.”
There are some terrific ways we can share our news with the wider church built into this website:
- To submit a press release for inclusion on the Episcopal News Service, click here.
- To publish a People news item (e.g. a new position, ordination, award or honor), click here.
- To publish a Job or Call listing, click here.
- To publish an Event listing, click here.
- To publish a Book listing, click here.
- Please continue to submit news stories about local ministries and important developments in the life of your church, diocese or organization. The ENS submission guidelines are available here.
ENS will not post the same listing across multiple sections, so please identify the most relevant submission form for your news. For example, do not submit news about an upcoming event or book using the press release service.
And, the difference between a press release and a news story: a press release, often written from one perspective, might communicate an official message or position statement, announce the launch of a new initiative, or attempt to generate interest in an organization, brand, resource, product or service. A news article, often drawing in a range of perspectives, mainly focuses on an issue, a topic, an event, a significant development, and the ensuing results, effects and consequences. A news article should always include the what, when, where, who, why and how of the story.
*** taken from iSeek sent on 11/2/2017 ***