Your Social Justice Committee has created a new Children’s Library for St. Martin’s. It contains books to check out, take home and bring back the next week, or to use while at church. These board books and picture books are for preschool and elementary children, but are also available for all (grandparents included).
- The books have been chosen using these criteria:
- To expand children’s knowledge (and adults) through board books and picture books.
- To help children realize that the world is full of diverse people who are all children of God.
- To support the nurturing of good moral values and faith formation.
- To give children opportunities to see children and adults of all races and abilities depicted in books.
To check out books from the baskets in the vestibule of church:
- Pick a book you like.
- Write your name and the date on the card in the back of the book.
- Put the card in the little “CARD” box.
- Enjoy the book.
- Return it next week or after church to the “RETURN BOOKS HERE” basket.
Donations: This library currently includes over 70 books with plans to expand. If this project intrigues you, and you would like to make a monetary donation, please contact Mary Edmonson at 636-256-0419. If you would like to pick out your own books to donate, there is also a wish list to choose from.
Your Social Justice Committee is very excited about this positive way to learn and include all people always, as we strive to understand “Everybody’s Story.” Check out a book and enjoy!