Many Episcopalians denomination-wide are committing to focus on the Holy Scriptures and read the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts (written as a sequel by the same author) during Lent and Easter Season 2018. Forward Movement Day by Day is calling it “The Good Book Club.”
Here at St. Martin’s, we are encouraging as many people as possible to join in as a way of renewing our spirituality, deepening our knowledge of Christ and the early Church, and refreshing our parish relationships.
We have plenty of Day by Day booklets available for everyone! Come to church and pick up a copy in the entrance hall.
The basic level of participation is committing to read along in the Bible and/or by following the Day by Day reflection. Simply use the schedule (click here) or subscribe to the FREE reflection emails (click here).
We will also have several different groups you can join to get even more involved in the Good Book Club. Here are the various options for engaging the scriptures beginning the week after Ash Wednesday:
- Adult Christian Formation Hour (9:00 – 10:00 a.m.) ~ led by Mary Richardson and Bev Weaver
- Monday Morning Bible Study (10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) ~ led by John Lange
- Tuesdays mornings (10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.) at The Fountains ~ led by John Lange
- Wednesday mornings (11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) ~ led by Rev. Emily (with optional brown bag lunch and continued conversation until 12:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday evenings (5:30 – 6:45 p.m.) ~ led by Rev. Emily (RSVP to Rev. Emily so we can figure out a food option)
- Wednesday evenings (7:00 – 8:30 p.m.) ~ led by Rev. Emily and Mike Kelly
- Every other Saturday morning (7:30 – 9:00 a.m.) ~ led by John Lange (planning to begin discussion of Luke on February 10 for an early start)